Every month, I select my favourite social stories which I think you will enjoy reading about and give an update on the progress of our social enterprises. This month we have collected lots of feedback on our bespoke corporate gifts. We had a corporate customer place a large order and were thrilled with their sustainable gift boxes. If you know anyone looking for sustainable gifts for businesses please tell them about our ethical hampers and ethical boxes at Social Stories Club. Our eco-friendly gifts support the sustainable development goals. Here are my top five stories of social impact for April, including a mixture of social enterprises and interesting news articles that I have discovered.
1. Half of UK consumers are willing to pay more to avoid plastic packaging.
2. This social enterprise trains people who have experienced homelessness to become walking tour guides of their own city.
3. UK girls miss school because they can’t afford period products, this social enterprise gives away one pack of products for every one you buy.
4. Coffee pods can take 500 years to decompose in landfill - so which coffee pod brands are the most eco friendly?
5. School cafe in Bedford built from 100% recycled waste.
We love sharing social enterprises with you and hope our social stories can inspire you for ethical gift ideas. If you like this and would like to hear more, please sign up to our mailing list below.