August is one of the happiest months of the year! Here in Edinburgh, we are celebrating the International Fringe Festival that runs throughout August. It is fantastic to see so many people trying to work and make this year's Fringe more sustainable. We have also held a stall at the festival sharing ethical gift ideas. We were able to get lots of feedback on our eco-friendly gift box and we are making lots of changes to deliver a more exciting eco-friendly gift. We are also working on our customization and personalization options. From September 2020 you will be able to buy personalised gift boxes on our website. We will have a new range of eco-friendly gift boxes and eco-friendly gift baskets available on our website shortly. Last but not least, here is for my top 5 most inspiring social stories for August.
1. Indians plant 220 million trees in a single day.
2. This social venture makes the world's first fully-recyclable wet suit.
3. This social enterprise wants to get more young people into work.
4. Mattresses are notoriously difficult to dispose of but the number of recycled mattresses has increased by 55%.
5. Plastic bag sales fell by 90% at England's large retailers in the past four years.
In September 2020 we will have a sustainable corporate gift for clients and employees available on our websites. These gifts will come with personalisation and customization options. If there is nothing on our website that suits you we will be offering bespoke sustainable corporate gifts for clients and employees. If you like this and would like to hear more, please sign up to our mailing list below.