August is one of the happiest months of the year! Here in Edinburgh, we are celebrating the International Fringe Festival that runs throughout August. It is fantastic to see so many people trying to work and make this year's Fringe more sustainable. Now, here is for my top 5 most inspiring social stories for August.
1. Indians plant 220 million trees in a single day.
2. This social venture makes the world's first fully-recyclable wet suit.
3. This social enterprise wants to get more young people into work.
4. Mattresses are notoriously difficult to dispose of but the number of recycled mattresses has increased by 55%.
5. Plastic bag sales fell by 90% at England's large retailers in the past four years.
If you like this and would like to hear more, sign up to our alerts below.