Hello everyone! Social Stories Club is a sustainable gift supplier who create ethical gift boxes and sustainable gift hampers. Our Scottish social enterprise gifting company creates sustainable gifts for clients and exciting gifts for employees. If you are looking for gifts that are different, gifts that give back, gifts that support communities, and gifts that are environmentally friendly, Social Stories Club is here to help. December has rolled around already and here at Social Stories Club with the launch of our new brand and our new range of gift hampers and gift boxes, Christmas has already started. We are so excited to announce that we have been incredibly busy this month and appreciate every one of you for your continued support of our social enterprise. Thank you to everyone who shared us with a friend, for every order we get we do a happy dance. In the middle of this, we wanted to send you our Top 5 Social Stories for November that have inspired us this month. We hope you have a very happy holiday season. Karis and Aayush
1. For every watch you purchase from this social enterprise, they provide children in Africa with two sets of school uniform or a solar light. Many of these children would be turned away from school should they show up without a uniform and using a solar light allows them to work on their homework after dark.
2. Total Homes are donating 1000 Christmas presents to children in Glasgow this year. They are a co-operative and an environmentally-friendly removals and cleaning service, giving housing associations and landlords the opportunity to lower CO2 emissions and contribute positively to Scotland’s green agenda. They have rescued 199 tonnes of waste saved from landfill and have saved 334 tonnes of C02.
3. Society zero are a social enterprise crowdfunding to purchase an electric van which will be turned into a mobile zero-waste shop. They are asking for £11,000 to purchase and upgrade the van.
4. Liberation is a social enterprise making nuts and 49% of the company is owned by the farmers. They have even launched a new Fairtrade line for this year’s Tesco finest Christmas range.
5. Selfridges cleans up beauty aisle with a ban on single-use wipes. Customer research found significant concern for the impact of plastic pollution, but low awareness that wipes contain plastic. The wipes are being replaced with recyclable or re-usable alternatives.
We also provide bespoke gifts for businesses. If you know a business looking for ethical gifts for clients or employees we will offer them the best customer service, so please put them in touch with us. Many businesses care about sustainability and already purchase gifts but don't know of sustainable gifting suppliers such as Social Stories Club. We love to share what we do with the world and you can help us make an enormous difference. If you like this article and would like to hear more, please sign up to our mailing list below.