Trends in Sustainable Gifting: The Best Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas!
Google searches for “sustainable gift hampers” and “ethical Christmas gifts” spike in November and December every year. More and more people are choosing to buy holiday presents that are good for the environment, not just something nice or useful. If you want your gift-giving to be sustainable this season, we have lots of great ideas for eco-friendly gifts. These green gift suggestions are all ethically produced, fair trade, organic, natural or locally sourced. Here’s our roundup of some of the most popular sustainable gifting options:
Sustainable Gift Ideas for Men
If you have a man in your life who you are looking to keep warm and cosy, these gift ideas are perfect for you. - Wool socks: Wool is a sustainable fabric that is highly durable and very warm. It’s also naturally moisture-wicking and odour resistant, making it great for active men and for those who work in professional environments that require business-casual or formal attire. - Wool or cashmere sweaters: These can be found at most major clothing retailers and are a great gift for any man who wears sweaters. They are warm, durable, and ethically sourced. If you are shopping at The Gap or Banana Republic, be sure to look for their “Craftsman” line of clothing—they source their wool ethically and make all of their products in the USA. - Wool blankets: These are the perfect gift for any man who loves to spend time at home. They are warm, and soft, and are also available in different sizes and designs. - Leather belts and bags: There are many eco-friendly leather products available on the market that are ethically sourced and sustainably produced. These leather goods are durable, stylish, and long-lasting. Some brands to look for are Patagonia, Toms, and Roots.
Sustainable Gift Ideas for Women
When it comes to sustainable gift ideas for women, you can not go wrong with ethically produced gift boxes. Here are some of our favourite green gift ideas for women.
- Sustainable skincare products: There are lots of skincare products that are ethically sourced and sustainable. Just look for the ingredients on the back of the product and avoid those that have been tested on animals.
- Sustainable accessories: There are lots of social enterprise brands that create socks or mugs for example that are sourced ethically. You can also check out socks made of alternative materials, like bamboo.
- Sustainable foods: sustainable foods that fight food waste, such as crisps made out of surplus apples or relishes made out of wonky tomatoes.
- Sustainable drinks: If you are buying drinks, look for interesting flavours and drinks produced by social enterprises
Social Stories Club is a social enterprise gifting company specialising in personalised sustainable gifts. With the build-your-own gift box feature, you can choose the sustainable products that are included inside the hamper.
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas for Kids
Kids love toys and other interactive items. These gift ideas are great for children, especially if you are looking for eco-friendly gifts for a younger child.
- Art supplies: Art supplies are an eco-friendly gift idea for kids of all ages. You can get craft kits or individual supplies like crayons, markers and coloured pencils made from sustainable materials.
- Eco-friendly stuffed animals: Stuffed animals are perfect for kids and adults of all ages. Look for stuffed animals made from organic cotton or bamboo. You can also find stuffed animals made from recycled materials such as plastic bottles, potato chip bags and more.
- Books and magazines: There are lots of eco-friendly magazines and books available to purchase. You can also go to your local library and borrow magazines or books to give as gifts.
- Gift certificates: Gift certificates are a great eco-friendly gift idea for kids. You can get gift certificates for eco-friendly restaurants, eco-friendly toy stores, eco-friendly museums, eco-friendly fitness classes for kids, eco-friendly theatres and more.
Sustainable Gift Ideas for Foodies
Foodies are an interesting bunch. They love to eat and try new things, so finding sustainable gift ideas for foodies might not be easy. But here are a few options for you.
- Sustainable foodie gift box by Social Stories Club where every product supports a different social cause such as nuts which are helping to build schools for girls in Africa. If you are looking for the perfect ethical Christmas gift for those who love social enterprise food gifts then this is the perfect hamper for you. Social enterprise hampers are perfect for that person who has everything.
- Eco-friendly cookbooks: There are lots of cookbooks that are sustainable and eco-friendly. Look for cookbooks that contain recipes using organic ingredients or with ingredients that are locally sourced. - Sustainable wine: There are lots of eco-friendly wines to choose from. Look for wines that are fair trade and organic.
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas for Nature Lovers
If you are looking for eco-friendly gifts for nature lovers, here are a few options.
- Eco-friendly hiking gear: There are lots of eco-friendly hiking gear options. You can get gift cards for eco-friendly hiking gear shops or purchase eco-friendly hiking gear for your friends and family. You can also look for hiking trails in your local area that are eco-friendly and print off a colourful map.
- Eco-friendly gifts for bird lovers: If you know someone who loves birds, you can get them eco-friendly gifts like bird feeders and birdhouses. You can also look for eco-friendly books about birds or birdwatching.
- Eco-friendly gifts for animal lovers: Animal lovers will love eco-friendly gifts like eco-friendly stuffed animals or dog collars made from upcycled materials.
Sustainable Gift Ideas for Travellers
If you know someone who loves travelling, here are a few sustainable gift ideas you can give them.
- Eco-friendly luggage: There are lots of eco-friendly luggage brands to choose from. You can get a gift card from an eco-friendly luggage shop or purchase eco-friendly luggage for your friends and family. You can also look for eco-friendly travel gifts like travel-related books and journals.
- Eco-friendly travel accessories: You can purchase eco-friendly travel accessories for gifts for travellers. You can also look for an eco-friendly passport cover that is made from upcycled materials.
- Eco-friendly gifts for adventure travellers: If you know someone who loves to go on outdoor adventures, you can get them eco-friendly gifts like camping equipment and outdoor gear.
This year, consider buying sustainable gift hampers for your friends and family. When you buy sustainable gift hampers, you are supporting eco-friendly brands and practices. You are also reducing your carbon footprint and helping to protect the environment as Social Stories Club offsets all the carbon from the sending of their hampers. If you are buying ethical gifts, be sure to double-check the packaging and the ingredients. Look for companies that are registered social enterprises.
Follow Social Stories Club on Social Media
Read More From Blogs
When it comes to the holidays, most of us are looking for ways to give back, which is why this social enterprise gift guide has been created. Whether you are searching for ideas on how you can help others this season or simply browsing potential gifts that support good causes, there are many ways to give back.
Google searches for “sustainable gift hampers” and “ethical Christmas gifts” spike in November and December every year. More and more people are choosing to buy holiday presents that are good for the environment, not just something nice or useful.
The term social enterprise has been making waves in the business world over the last several years. A growing number of businesses are recognising the benefits of operating as a social enterprise—a company that operates to achieve a positive social impact while also generating a profit.
Are you looking for the perfect ethical Christmas gift? If so, you are not alone. Many of us want to buy only sustainably-produced gifts this Christmas. We have created our top picks gift guide to help you along with your gift giving decisions!